Lima

by

Tuesday 20th May

This post is a bit late, as I have been back in Copenhagen for almost a week now but I still wanted to share my photos and impressions about Lima. I stayed there for a long weekend, as flew back home on Tuesday.

I must admit that I very negative stories about Lima and no one really seemed to like. People said it was dangerous, confusing, crowded and dirty. Therefore, I arrived with very low expectations, which was probably why I was positively surprised. It isn't my favourite city in the world, but there are some parts that I liked.

It was very different from any city I had ever seen before and extremely different from the rest of Peru that I had visited. For the first time I saw upper class Peruvians, tall skyscrapers, the coastline here and many other things. I had missed art museums and just the feeling of being in a big city. I think it might actually be one of the biggest cities I've ever been to (9 million people!) and it feels huge. Every district feels like its own different little city, which was something I really loved as there was so much diversity.

I won't blabber on for too long but will leave you with some photos so you get an idea of what it is like.

Parque del Amor
Sitting, waiting, wishing
"Please take a photo of me"
Modern Art Museum

Barranco Biblioteca
Barranco Church
Popcorn time :3
Puente de los suspiros
Pretty doorways

Art Museum

:)

MALI Museum
Mother's day art
Lima Cathedral
Monastery of San Francisco
So many pigeons (a.k.a. my worst fear)
San Pedro Church
Circuito Playas - Miraflores

Pretty wall
Circuito Playas - Last sunset :'(
I was very sad to leave on Tuesday as it officially meant my Peruvian gap year adventures had to come to an end;, but afterall, being back home isn't so bad... Last post tomorrow! :)